Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day TWO: Crumb Cake



I LOVE paging through my grandma's recipes. Some of her books have tabs marking her favorites, others have little notes by them. "Great!" or "Try this!" There are also loose recipes in between. It was a little overwhelming, but as I saw her handwriting and read her little notes, it was as if she never left...

I knew I wouldn't have a ton of time to bake something today, so as I thumbed through her recipes I found something that looked easy. Crumb Cake. This time, it was a newspaper clipping that she cut out and taped to her lined notebook (she's adorable). It looked pretty easy and I knew I had the ingredients on hand, so I baked it and took it to work with me.

It was a typical crumb/coffee cake. A little plain with cinnamon crumbles on top. Not bad, but not the most SPECTACULAR dish I've ever baked. They liked it, but the girls told me to stop bringing desserts or I'll make them fat. haha! Sorry ladies, it's only day TWO! I stopped at Sarahbeth's so she could have a slice. No complaints there. Jon gave it a solid B. Fair score.

I'm excited to keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment