Monday, August 23, 2010

Day ONE: Banana Bread


I thought I'd bake my very favorite of my grandma's recipes on the first day of this journey. Banana bread. It is HANDS DOWN the best banana bread I have ever had. It's moist, tasty and is deliciously fattening. That's what I call PERFECTION! I decided to double the recipe because I had a ton of rotten bananas to utilize... and wah lah! A bundt pan and loaf pan later, was the familiar look and smell of grandma's delicious bread. Well the smell was right on, as was the taste... but the look was only familiar to me. A tad dark on the outside edges. This was never the case for Grandma's bread so why does this happen to me? I actually Googled my problem and it says to use lighter colored bakeware or adjust the temp throughout the allotted baking time. Neither of which I tried. Like I said, the taste is spot on, it's just a little dark on the outside.

Day one: complete. I'm excited to take this journey and I'm up for the challenge! It's going to be fun going down memory lane through my grandma's cookbooks, but also very emotional. My head is already pounding today and crying only intensified it. It's hard missing her and I hope that a little bit of healing will come with this challenge...

Here we go... enjoy the ride! :)

2 comments: