Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day NINE: Applecake


Besides seeing cutouts or actual recipes from magazines, when gma hand wrote them into her notebooks, I have no way of knowing if they are really HER recipes or someone else's. All of these are 'hers' in my opinion. She made and shared them with others!

Today I made an applecake. Who doesn't love a warm apple dish? I started with the batter for the cake and then sliced apples very thin to lay over it. For the topping it was just brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. I figured, that sounds pretty great right?!

WRONG!

It was pretty much inedible. I brought it over to Sarahbeth's to try (Kim also stopped by for a slice) and we all agreed that it was not good. I can't blame myself... I just did what the recipe told me to do! But boy, this one was gross.

I ended up tossing the rest. I guess they all can't be spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment